Where Can I Get a Walmart Gift Card? [Detailed Guide]
Where Can I Get a Walmart Gift Card? Breaking Down the Best Deals
Walmart gift cards are not only excellent presents but also handy for personal use. You can redeem them at any Walmart store and also online on the company’s e-commerce website in case you want to order from home and save money on gas! If you’ve been wondering—“Where can I get a Walmart gift card?”—this is the only guide you need! You’ll get in-depth information about:
- Where to get Walmart gift cards—in-store and online options
- How to find thrifty deals for getting these gift cards
- How to get a Walmart gift card online
If you enjoy spending time on your smartphone, know that a free Walmart gift card is well within your reach. This guide will also showcase how Mode Mobile’s products enable you to score free gift cards and cash by monetizing many of your regular phone habits.
Where Are Walmart Gift Cards Sold?
It’s common knowledge that Walmart gift cards—including Walmart Visa and Walmart+ gift cards—are sold at all brick-and-mortar Walmart locations, but driving to the store every time you need a gift card isn’t exactly practical. Luckily, you can also order Walmart gift cards online on the company's website. You can choose between:
- Plastic Walmart gift card that will be delivered to you (or the intended recipient) by mail within three to seven days
- Walmart eGift card that is typically sent to a specified email address within an hour
Walmart’s online store offers dozens of gift card design themes to go with different occasions. You can buy a gift card for any denomination between $5 and $500.
Source: Mike Mozart
Where Can I Get a Walmart Gift Card Besides Walmart?
Walmart also sells its gift cards via two other authorized suppliers—check out the details in the table below:
Walmart Gift Card Supplier
Sam’s Club is a subdivision of Walmart that includes Walmart gift cards in its online and in-store catalog. Know that Sam’s Club, like Costco, is a membership-only warehouse club. You’ll have to pay 10% extra if you purchase anything from Sam’s Club as a non-member
Besides providing fintech services, PayPal has branched out into selling gift cards of many big brands like Walmart, Subway, and Apple. Currently, the platform sells gift cards from Walmart in the digital format only
You can also buy Walmart gift cards from a handful of reputable gift card-only websites like Gift Card Granny and gyft.com. These platforms sell gift cards from practically any retailer in the country, but they are usually not the authorized sellers for any brand.
If you’re wondering why Walmart gift cards are not sold on popular e-commerce platforms like Amazon and Home Depot—it’s because they are direct market competitors.
How To Purchase a Walmart Gift Card Online
It’s okay to feel lost while buying Walmart gift cards online, especially if you’re used to buying them in-store. Follow these steps to understand how to place an online order for a Walmart gift card:
- Go to a gift card purchase platform of your choice—Walmart, Sam’s Club, or other
- Search for Walmart gift card on the website’s homepage
- Select the gift card you want to purchase—plastic or digital
- Pick a card design
- Enter the desired denomination
- Add the gift card to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout
- Enter the delivery details of the recipient (shipping address or email)
- Provide your credit, prepaid, or debit card details on the payment screen—note that you cannot use an existing Walmart gift card to pay for a new one
- Place the order
You can use your Walmart gift card on all eligible purchases, including grocery pick-ups. You can keep track of the card’s balance by using Walmart’s official gift card balance checker tool. Contact the company’s customer service if you encounter any problems while purchasing or redeeming a card.
Stress Less, Earn More With Mode Mobile
If you want to collect Walmart gift cards with zero stress, start using Mode Mobile’s products—the Mode Earn App and the Mode Earn Phone. The company helps users earn gift cards, prepaid cards, and cash rewards for usual phone-related activities, including:
- Browsing the web
- Streaming all kinds of songs
- Playing games
- Check the weather
- Keeping track of the latest news
- Watching short videos
- Charging the device
- Sharing product reviews
These are tasks you’d do anyway, but once you start using Mode Mobile’s products, you will accumulate redeemable reward points for completing them.
Source: Luke Porter
Wishing for a Free Walmart Gift Card? The Mode Earn App Is Your Genie!
The Mode Earn App is designed to help Android users earn up to $600 in side income every year. Download the app on your phone and watch the number of your reward points rise with every earning task you finish. Redeem the points for Walmart gift cards or any of the following redemption items Mode Mobile offers:
- Gift cards from in-demand brands like:
- PayPal cash deposits
- Virtual prepaid Mastercards (accepted by all retailers)
- Game and console cards for games/platforms like:
- Latest gadgets
- Shopping discounts
- Stocks and cryptocurrencies
The Mode Earn App offers an efficient earning and payout structure. It holds a 4.4-star rating (after more than 30 million installs) on Google Play—over 2.6 million user reviews attest to its credibility.
Source: Google Play
People love the app’s user-customized offer of earning activities—the tasks are all about earning while you entertain yourself. Everything’s your call with the Mode Earn App—you’re free to:
- Do the tasks that suit your interests
- Accept or reject point-boosting deals and offers
- Choose rewards that serve you
Use the Mode Earn App every day and start capitalizing on the time you spend on your smartphone.
Where Can I Purchase a Walmart Gift Card for Cheap?
The locations mentioned in the previous section provide Walmart gift cards at face value. If you’re a bargain hunter, consider buying these gift cards secondhand. You have to be careful while buying secondhand gift cards, though, as there is a risk of getting an inactive or faulty card—and in most cases, you won’t be able to return it for a refund.
You can buy Walmart gift cards at discounted prices from:
- Classified ad platforms
- Gift card resale and exchange websites
Classified Ad Platforms
People looking to cash out their Walmart gift cards often make sale postings on classified ad platforms like Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, and eBay. If you find a deal that appeals to you, you can make the purchase online or in person (if the seller lives nearby).
Watch out for scammers lurking on classified ad platforms—they may ask you to pay for the gift card and then delete their account before completing the delivery. If you’re shopping on eBay, you should also be mindful of several token Walmart gift cards being sold on the platform. Such gift cards are offered as collectibles and have no balance on them.
Gift Card Resale and Exchange Websites
If you find classified ad platforms too risky, you can purchase cheap Walmart gift cards from gift card resale and exchange websites. These websites act as intermediaries between buyers and sellers of unused secondhand gift cards. All such platforms may not be 100% credible, so choose the ones that already have a steady base of users.
The following table will give you a snapshot of some of the current discount deals available for Walmart gift cards:
Gift Card Sale Website
Discount on Walmart Gift Card
Gift Card Wiki
Up to 8%
0.6%–1.5% (with a 365-day guarantee)
2%–4% (45-day guarantee)
5% (100-day guarantee)
Not known, but usually 5%–8% on popular gift cards like:
Note that Walmart gift cards may not always be available on these platforms, and the terms and conditions of sale can change anytime as well.
Source: Dai KE
Where Can I Find a Walmart Gift Card for Free?
Finding safe deals for cheap gift cards is a massive pain in the neck—especially when getting a brand new Walmart gift card for free is way, way simpler.
There are plenty of ways to earn free Walmart gift cards on the internet. Guaranteed methods include:
- Participating in market research—Many companies will pay you for sharing opinions on products or revealing your general consumer habits. All you have to do is find paid survey websites where you earn points for answering quizzes based on your consumer profile. Some platforms that offer a Walmart gift card as a reward item are MyPoints and GrabPoints. Keep in mind that answering surveys on certain platforms can be exhausting, time-consuming, and downright unprofitable
- Installing a reward-based app—Using a reward-based app is a more convenient way to earn gift cards as it offers you other earning tasks besides taking surveys, such as playing games and shopping. Certain apps do tend to overwhelm you with tiring mandatory tasks, and completing them means staying glued to your phone all day
Go for More—Use a Mode Earn Phone To Build Up Your Savings
Taking advantage of Mode Mobile’s offers is even easier when you have a Mode Earn Phone. The Android smartphone has a preloaded Mode Earn App and an earn-as-you-go widget—using the phone doubles your earnings, enabling you to gather over $1,200 a year for the same tasks.
The Mode Earn Phone is designed to make earning effortless. The widget provides easy access to 16 earning modes:
- Music Mode
- Games Mode
- News Mode
- Finance Mode
- Lock Screen Mode
- Share Mode
- Data Mode
- Watch Mode
- Save Mode
- Fitness Mode
- Cash Mode
- Charge Mode
- Task Mode
- Weather Mode
- Crypto Mode
- Surf Mode
Get the phone’s latest model—the Mode Earn Phone MEP2—and you can enjoy all specs you’d desire in an ideal smartphone. The device offers:
Source: Mode Mobile
Mode Mobile provides two convenient options to get a Mode Earn Phone:
- Buy it for $109 (complete payment)
- Subscribe for $9.99 a month (billed quarterly)—you’ll also enjoy a one-month free trial
Continuing subscribers receive a new model of the phone every 18 months.
Most users recover their investment in the phone within three months of moderate use. They also earn $50+ every time they refer the phone to a friend. Give your income a boost—buy or subscribe to a Mode Earn Phone today.
Featured image source: Mike Mozart