Can You Use Walmart Gift Cards for Grocery Pickup? Explained
Can You Use Walmart Gift Cards for Grocery Pickup?
Walmart Grocery Pickup has made shopping easier for customers with busy schedules. Instead of waiting in line every time you need to restock your pantry, you can place an order online and pick it up whenever’s convenient.
But can you use Walmart gift cards for Grocery Pickup and save some cash? In this article, we’ll explain how the service works and go over the accepted payment methods. We’ll tell you whether you can use gift cards to cover grocery shopping and other purchases and show you how to get free gift cards with Mode Mobile’s products!
What Is Walmart Grocery Pickup and Delivery?
A couple of years ago, Walmart launched the Grocery Pickup service that lets you order products online and pick them up in-store. You can choose a time slot that works best for you, and you also have a seven-day window if you miss the scheduled pickup. After that, your order will be canceled, and you’ll get a refund.
At first, Walmart Grocery Pickup was limited to produce, pet supplies, cleaning supplies, and other household items, but now you can also shop for:
- Kitchen appliances
- Sporting equipment
- Beauty and personal care products
The service is available in hundreds of participating stores nationwide. You can confirm whether your local Walmart offers the service on the Walmart Store Directory or by entering your ZIP Code on Walmart's website.
How Much Does Walmart Grocery Pickup Cost?
In addition to the total purchase price, you may be required to cover a small pickup fee. The cost can vary from store to store, but most locations don’t charge a fee for orders over $35. If you go below the minimum, you’ll have to pay an additional $5.99 for the pickup.
Besides pickup fees, you will be charged extra for the grocery bags, but you can ask for your items to be loaded directly into your car to avoid the surcharge.
Since the launch of Grocery Pickup, Walmart expanded the service to home deliveries as well. If you’d rather have the items delivered to your door, you have three payment options:
- Walmart+ subscription—With a Walmart+ account, you’ll pay a total of $98 per year, i.e., $12.95 per month. You won’t be charged a delivery fee for orders of $35 or above
- Pay per delivery—The cost can range depending on the area, and the delivery fees are determined by the order size and requested time slot. You need to order at least $35 worth of groceries to use the service
- Express delivery—If you want your order to arrive in two hours or less, you can pay an additional $10 to the standard price. Same-day deliveries don’t require an order minimum
Can You Use a Walmart Gift Card for Grocery Pickup?
According to their official website, Walmart accepts the following payment methods:
- Debit cards
- Credit cards
- EBT (except in Alaska, Montana, and Louisiana)
- Capital One Walmart Credit Cards
- Gift cards
This means you can use a Walmart gift card for Grocery Pickup. Currently, cash is the only form of payment that can’t cover the service.
If you want to use your gift card for Grocery Pickup and save a few bucks, here’s how to do it:
- Open the Walmart Shopping and Grocery app or go to the Grocery section on the store website
- Click on the items you need to add to your cart
- Select a time slot for your pickup
- Choose Other Payment Methods at the bottom of the checkout page and select Gift Card
- Enter the 16-digit card number and PIN
- Check if the order is correct once you receive the confirmation email
- Pick up your groceries when the time comes (make sure to park in the designated spot)
Keep in mind that the number of available time slots can vary depending on the location. Since the particular service is in high demand, you might not be able to schedule same-day pickups, especially after 4 p.m.
What Else Can You Buy With a Walmart Gift Card?
Source: Viki Mohamed
Besides fresh meat and produce, you can use your gift card to purchase any item sold on Walmart’s website, including:
- Pet supplies
- Health and beauty products
- Home furnishings
- Sporting goods
- Family apparel
- Automotive products
- Lawn and garden items
The so-called Everyday Basic Blue and Yellow cards are also valid in Sam’s Club, Walmart’s subsidiary. Keep in mind that you will have to pay a 10% service fee if you’re not a member. In addition to Sam’s Club, you can redeem Walmart gift cards for gas at Murphy USA Fuel Stations.
Walmart has a wide assortment of Specialty Gift cards that cover the goods and services of various third-party merchants. Some of the gift cards sold on their website are listed in the table below:
Gift Card Type
Retail Gift Cards
Restaurant Gift Cards
Gas Station and Travel Gift Cards
Entertainment Gift Cards
Gaming Gift Cards
For the full selection of third-party gift cards, browse the store’s website by category.
Can You Use a Walmart Gift Card To Buy Groceries on Amazon?
You can’t use Walmart gift cards to buy groceries from Amazon (Whole Foods) since the two are marketplace competitors. Because of the longstanding rivalry, Amazon doesn’t accept Walmart gift cards and vice versa. If you want to pay for the Whole Foods pickup service with a gift card, you’ll have to buy it from Amazon.
Is It Possible To Get Walmart Gift Cards for Free?
With a free Walmart gift card, you could restock your fridge without spending a dime. But how do you go about getting one? Luckily, there are plenty of opportunities to earn free gift cards, including:
- In-store promotions—If you participate in Walmart’s Trade-In program, you can exchange old electronics for a free eGift card. The program accepts any unwanted or outdated devices, including cell phones, game consoles, tablets, laptops, and wearables. You can calculate the exact worth of your trade-in on Walmart’s website
- Giveaways—By entering the annual Walmart Sweepstakes, you might win a free gift card. There’s a total of five Grand prizes and 750 first prizes for the taking. Note that certain restrictions apply, meaning all contestants must be above the age of majority of their respective state
- Gift card apps—With a gift card app, you can earn free gift cards by participating in online activities, such as completing surveys or watching advertisements. Each task is worth a number of points which you can later convert to cash prizes, including gift cards that you can use online or in stores
Mode Mobile Can Help You Earn Gift Cards in Record Time
Reward-based apps are a great way to earn free gift cards. The system doesn’t enforce age restrictions, so anyone can reap the benefits. You also don’t have to rely on luck as you would in a giveaway since you won’t be competing against other users.
The downside to gift card apps is that the tasks can get a bit repetitive. Most platforms limit users to one or two activities per week or even per day. In addition, gift card apps often impose minimum payment thresholds that can be challenging to achieve. All of this combined can affect the speed at which you accumulate income.
That’s where we come into play! Mode Mobile has perfected the system by offering you numerous activities you can complete to obtain rewards. With our two amazing products—the Mode Earn App and the Mode Earn Phone—you can earn hundreds of dollars a year by doing simple, everyday tasks on your phone, including locking your screen or listening to music!
Earn Supplemental Income With the Mode Earn App
Source: Mode Mobile
Download the Mode Earn App from Google Play and earn up to $600 per year! Our free reward app puts money in your pocket by cashing in on your daily routine, such as:
- Locking your phone
- Charging your device
- Browsing the web
- Reading the news
- Checking the weather
- Watching ads
- Listening to music
- Playing video games
These and other activities can help you get amazing cash rewards—from gift cards and digital currency to physical items and actual money.
In addition to the standard reward-based tasks, the Mode Earn App provides timed deals that can further increase your earnings, such as completing a challenge in a game or downloading a partner app. Each booster activity is tailored according to your preferences—we make sure each partner offer matches the specific user.
Get the Mode Earn App on Google Play and start making money today!
Get a Mode Earn Phone and Earn As You Go!
If you get the Mode Earn Phone, your annual earnings can increase significantly. Our custom device features an advanced software widget that lets you engage with 16 different modes, such as:
- Surf Mode
- Music Mode
- News Mode
- Charge Mode
- Lock Screen Mode
- Task Mode
- Fitness Mode
- Crypto Mode
- Share Mode
- Cash Mode
- Data Mode
- Finance Mode
- Save Mode
- Weather Mode
- Watch Mode
- Games Mode
The earn-as-you-go technology combined with the Mode Earn App already installed on the device allows you to double the points and earn over $1,200 per year.
The Mode Earn Phone MEP2 Specifications
Our phones have the durability and features to support your financial journey. The latest upgrade—the Mode Earn Phone MEP2—is armed with a powerful CPU that makes sure the device runs smoothly as you collect rewards.
Source: Mode Mobile
If you want to take a closer look at the Mode Earn Phone MEP2's advanced features, check out the table below:
Mobile Earn Phone MEP2 Details
Camera and screen
Ways To Get a Mode Earn Phone
Get your Mode Earn Phone MEP2 and start bringing in money today! There are two ways to acquire the device:
- A subscription of $9.99 per month (charged quarterly)
- One-time payment of $109
Users who subscribe to a Mode Earn Phone will get a new device upgrade every 18 months.
With only four hours of active use per day, you can make enough money to cover both the data plan and the device purchase cost. That’s right—the Mode Earn Phone is the only device that pays you to use it!
Featured image source: Dennis Siqueira