Where To Get Gift Cards [Best Deals, Free Offers, and More]
Where To Get Gift Cards—Online and In-Store Options Compiled
Gift cards work as a fantastic present for a variety of occasions, but where can you buy them? Should you drop by a local store or look for an online marketplace?
This guide will show you where to get gift cards from—both on and off the internet. You’ll find out everything you need, including:
- How to purchase gift cards online
- Where to get gift cards at discounted prices
- How to get a gift card online for free
- How to redeem gift cards
Where Are Gift Cards Sold?
Most people know that gift cards are available at general retail hotspots like supermarkets and grocery stores—but what about other locations? Refer to the table below to get a bird’s-eye view of the sellers who offer plastic gift cards locally:
If you know which gift card you want, you can purchase it directly from a store of the issuing retailer. For example, outlets for Starbucks and Shein only sell single-store gift cards for their respective brands
General stores include grocery stores, drug stores, warehouses, supermarkets, and convenience stores that sell gift cards from various retailers. These stores usually have dedicated gift card aisles or racks. Here are some popular options:
Banks and financial institutions
Many people list out their unwanted gift cards for sale on the websites like Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace. You can locate such sellers and meet up with them to finalize the transaction, but be wary of potential scammers
While purchasing gift cards in your vicinity is easy and quick, the process can be inconvenient for those who don’t have enough time to visit stores.
Where Can You Get Gift Cards Online?
Buying gift cards online saves you a trip to the store. Online sellers offer both plastic and digital gift cards. You can get the gift card shipped to the recipient within 1–7 days, or you can give them a virtual gift card that’s delivered to their email address immediately.
Know that there are many websites selling gift cards, and not all of them are reputable, especially in terms of timely delivery and customer service. You should stick to trusted sources like:
- General e-commerce retailers—Visit top e-commerce websites like Amazon, Walmart, and Best Buy. They offer gift cards from practically any retailer or company, including Apple, Google Play, DoorDash, Verizon, and Nike. These websites generally don’t sell gift cards from their competitors. For example, Walmart won’t sell Amazon gift cards and vice versa
- Specialty e-commerce retailers—If you want to narrow down on a specific gift card category, go to websites dealing with a particular set of goods and services. For example, you can visit the GameStop website for game-related gift cards, such as Steam, Roblox, Xbox, and Nintendo gift cards
- Dedicated gift card websites—Websites like GiftCards.com and Gift Card Granny trade in gift cards only. They sell gift cards (new or secondhand) from almost all retailers in the country and also let you order in bulk
- Bank, FinTech, and card network companies’ platforms—You can also purchase gift cards on the websites of top banks and companies offering financial services, such as Chase, PayPal, and Mastercard
How To Order Gift Cards Online
Purchasing gift cards online is pretty straightforward. While the actual process may vary from website to website, the common steps involved are presented below:
- Go to the website of your choice
- Click on the gift card you seek
- Add the gift card to your cart—you may have to offer:
- Personalization details like the recipient’s name, card theme, etc.
- Address or email ID of the recipient
- Delivery date
- Proceed to checkout
- Pay for the order using a suitable payment method
- Place the order
Remember that most gift cards have a purchase fee—you’ll be paying a couple of dollars more than the value of the card.
Where To Purchase Gift Cards for Cheap
It’s rare for e-commerce websites to sell gift cards for cheap. If you want to buy gift cards at a discounted price, go to gift card resale and barter websites. These websites deal in secondhand gift cards that are usually listed at under 95% of their face value. Check out the table below for some examples:
Raise acts as an auction platform to buy and sell unused gift cards from all kinds of brands
GiftDeals offers several in-demand gift cards like Kohl’s, Fandango, and Home Depot for heavy discounts, but the number of available cards may be limited
ClipKard sells secondhand gift cards from over 300 brands. Most cards have a 5%–10% discount
CardCash claims to offer up to 35% discounts for their gift card sales
Do your research on a website’s customer support before using its services. Many customers complain of receiving incorrect or inactive gift cards from such platforms but have no way of getting a refund.
Where To Find Gift Cards for Free
Using gift cards is a cool alternative to making cash payments, especially if you’re shopping online. Many companies offer free gift cards as compensation for completing various promotional tasks like:
- Answering surveys
- Sharing opinions
- Using particular products and services
Some of the best ways to get gift cards for free are:
- Enrolling in rewards programs—When you enroll in a company’s reward program, you start getting loyalty points for using their products and services. You can then redeem the points for prizes like gift cards and shopping discounts. You can find reliable rewards programs run by companies like Microsoft, Google, and Chase
- Participating in giveaways—You can participate in gift card giveaways on social media by following hashtags like #freegiftcards, #giftcardgiveaways, and #freegiftcardcodes. Mind you, rewards are not guaranteed, and you may have to complete one or more of the following tasks to qualify for one:
- Liking or subscribing to a page
- Posting a photo
- Recording a video/reel
- Using get-paid-to platforms—Get-paid-to or GPT platforms and reward-based apps allow you to earn by completing an assortment of tasks like filling out questionnaires, reading emails, and downloading partner apps. While these platforms do pay, not all of them are profitable or time-efficient
Source: Mimi Thian
Which Reward-Based Platform Is the Most Profitable?
Reward-based platforms can be hit-or-miss. Some trap you in unappealing tasks that last hours for peanuts worth of pay, while others offer unattractive and trivial rewards.
If you’re looking for a profitable way to collect free gift cards, give Mode Mobile’s products a chance! The company offers a unique monetization model that helps you earn rewards for the regular activities you do on your phone, including:
- Listening to music
- Playing your favorite games
- Checking the weather
- Surfing the internet
- Reading the news
- Charging your phone
- Locking and unlocking your phone
- Watching short videos
- Answering quizzes
- Tracking fitness tasks via phone
Mode Mobile collaborates with various businesses to help you earn hundreds of dollars in cash and in-kind rewards effortlessly. You can use the company’s services by:
Source: Andrea Piacquadio
Collect Free Gift Cards Non-Stop With the Mode Earn App
The Mode Earn App is a free, reward-based app that can earn you over $600 every year. All you have to do is download it from Google Play—once installed and running, the app will automatically monitor your phone activities and give you reward points for completing eligible tasks.
You can also exchange your rewards for other prizes, such as:
- Real cash (direct PayPal cashout)
- Game-related rewards, including:
- Virtual prepaid Mastercards
- Crypto and stocks
- Electronics and gadgets
- Shopping discounts
Mode Mobile puts in a lot of effort to make your time on the app worthwhile. By downloading the Mode Earn App, you get:
- A high and consistent earning rate
- Dozens of simple, profitable tasks
- Regular income-boosting offers tailored to your preferences
- A secure earning environment
The app’s Google Play rating (4.4 stars), over 30 million installs, and more than 2.6 million positive user reviews speak volumes—install the Mode Earn App today and make the most of your consumer habits!
Source: Google Play
Mode Earn Phone—Your Personal Treasure Chest of Gift Cards
If you want twice as much income for the same phone-based tasks, get a Mode Earn Phone. The Android-based smartphone enables you to double your points for completing the same tasks on your phone—you get a solid chance to earn more than $1,200 a year!
The Mode Earn Phone simplifies your earning experience because it comes with:
- Pre-installed Mode Earn App
- Earn-as-you-go widget that enables easy access to all earning modes, including:
- Music Mode
- Games Mode
- Fitness Mode
- Weather Mode
- Task Mode
- Cash Mode
- News Mode
- Share Mode
When it comes to performance, the phone offers everything you’d want in a top-notch device—from a high-end triple-camera to an octa-core processor that supports multitasking. The device isn’t set up with a carrier—you have the flexibility of choosing an operator of your choice.
Source: Mode Mobile
You can get a Mode Earn Phone for:
- One-time price of $109
- Monthly subscription fee of $9.99, billed quarterly (you’ll get a month of free trial with this option)
The earning modes will help you recover the investment in the phone in under four months. If you become a regular subscriber, you will get an upgraded Mode Earn Phone every 18 months.
How To Order Online With a Gift Card
If you’re new to redeeming gift cards online, don’t worry! Using your gift card for an online purchase is simple. In most cases, you have to:
- Find the option to pay with a gift card directly during checkout
- Enter your gift card credentials (redemption code, card number, PIN, and similar) on the payment window
You can refer to our detailed guide on using gift cards online for further help.
Featured image source: Mike Mozart