How To Use a Gift Card on Amazon—A Step-by-Step Guide
How To Use a Gift Card on Amazon—What’s the Easiest Method?
Amazon gift cards and vouchers make for practical presents, but redeeming them at the famous e-commerce platform can leave you confused! Amazon’s website is complex, and figuring out which tab to hit to access a particular feature may take a while. So, how to use a gift card on Amazon? Let us break it down for you!
In this guide, we’ll discuss:
- How to pay with a gift card on Amazon
- How to use certain non-Amazon gift cards on Amazon
There’s more—we will also present Mode Mobile’s products that enable you to earn free gift cards from Amazon and other top brands for completing simple tasks on your phone!
How To Pay on Amazon With a Gift Card
Amazon offers some of the most convenient gift card redemption methods. You don’t need to register or activate an Amazon gift card separately like you have to for Visa and Mastercard gift cards.
To apply an Amazon gift card for a purchase, you have two options:
- Use the gift card as a direct payment method during checkout
- Redeem the gift card’s balance to your Amazon account
Before we dive into both options, make sure that you:
- Have an Amazon account—If you want to make a purchase on Amazon (with a gift card or otherwise), you need to do so through a registered account. You can easily create an account by providing your name, email address, and phone number
- Are using the country-specific website—Since Amazon operates through different websites in different countries, you have to make sure the gift card you’re using online corresponds to the country it was bought from. The geographical-mismatch issue is more common in the case of digital gift cards. Say you receive an Amazon virtual gift card from someone in the UK—check the delivery email to determine whether you can use the card on Amazon’s USA or UK website
How To Checkout With an Amazon Gift Card
Amazon offers the option to directly apply your gift card during checkout. As of 2022, you can use your gift card to shop at:
- Amazon’s e-commerce website and physical stores
- Amazon Prime
- Amazon Marketplace
- Amazon Fresh and Whole Foods Market
Follow the steps below to buy a product with your Amazon gift card:
- Go to the Amazon portal that hosts the eligible product or service you want (you cannot buy gift cards from other retailers like Roblox, Steam, or DoorDash with your gift card)
- Add the product to your cart
- Click on Proceed to Checkout
- Specify the shipping and delivery options
- Select Gift Cards, Vouchers, & Promotional Codes on the payment screen
- Enter the claim code from your card
- Hit Apply
- Verify your summary bill
- Place your order
Where Is the Claim Code on an Amazon Gift Card?
The claim code is essentially the redemption code that’s unique to every Amazon gift card. It’s usually alphanumeric and contains 14 to 15 characters—you must use it without the hyphens whenever you type it on the redemption screen.
Here’s how you find the Amazon gift card claim code:
Amazon Gift Card Type
Amazon plastic gift cards are available at stores like Walmart and Target. Many people get confused when they don’t find any claim code on the paper packaging of the card. That’s because the code is always printed on the backside of the actual card. It will be hidden under a silver or black strip—scratch it to uncover the code
An Amazon eGift card code is emailed to the buyer (or the specified recipient) along with the card. The email tends to land in the spam folder, so keep an eye out for that
What if the Gift Card Balance Is Insufficient for the Purchase?
If your gift card balance falls short of the total purchase amount, Amazon will let you add another payment method. You can split the bill between your gift card and your debit or credit card to complete your payment. You cannot use more than one gift card at a time, though.
While you can use an Amazon gift card during checkout, know that you have to enter the redemption code each time—which can be a nuisance. If you want to use your Amazon gift card in a more convenient manner, adding it to your Amazon account is a far better alternative.
Get a Free Amazon Gift Card and Simplify Your Shopping!
Having Amazon gift cards handy makes shopping on the website super comfortable as they are easy to redeem and can be seamlessly combined with other payment options. So, if you get a chance to collect free Amazon gift cards, would you miss it?
Mode Mobile brings you a unique opportunity to earn free gift cards for doing regular activities on your phone, including:
- Playing games
- Streaming music or playing the radio
- Answering surveys
- Tracking fitness goals
- Checking the news or the weather
- Charging your phone
These are basic phone-related tasks that most people engage in every day, but with Mode Mobile’s products, you can get rewarded for them with gift cards, cash, and prepaid cards! We currently offer:
- Mode Earn App—a reward-based app that can be installed on any Android device
- Mode Earn Phone—a high-end Android-powered smartphone that doubles your earnings
Mode Earn App Sets You Up With All the Free Gift Cards You’d Like!
The Mode Earn App turns any average Android phone into a source of supplemental income. Download our reward-based app for free from Google Play, and you can start earning right away—without any subscription fees or hidden charges!
You don’t have to bend over backward thinking about how to earn rewards. Once installed, the app automatically starts racking up reward points for completing eligible tasks! The Mode Earn App helps you earn up to $600 every year in guaranteed prizes like:
- Gift cards from top retailers, including:
- Game cards, game diamonds, and player items (PUBG, Fortnite, Free Fire, etc.)
- Cash (PayPal cashout)
- Crypto and stocks
- Virtual prepaid Mastercards
Our earning rate is the best in the industry, and you can always pocket extra cash by using our special offers. The Mode Earn App enjoys support from millions of regular users across the globe—we have a steady 4.4-star rating on Google Play! Install our app today and start making some solid side income!
Mode Earn Phone Monetizes Your Phone Time Like No Other Device!
If you’re looking for a real boost to your annual income—start using the Mode Earn Phone! Our Android-based smartphone comes with a pre-installed Mode Earn App and a nifty earn-as-you-go widget and doubles your earnings for the same activities!
The Mode Earn Phone helps you collect over $1,200 annually via 16 earning modes, such as:
- Music Mode
- Games Mode
- Charge Mode
- Lock Screen Mode
- Fitness Mode
- Surf Mode
- Fitness Mode
- Watch Mode
- Data Mode
Get the Mode Earn Phone today and revolutionize the way you use your phone. You can:
- Buy our phone for a one-time price of $109
- Go for a free trial—once the trial period is over, you pay a $9.99 subscription fee every month (billed quarterly)
With even moderate use of our earning modes, you can recover your investment in the device within four months!
Need another reason to go for a Mode Earn Phone? You should check out the phone’s specs—be it camera quality or performance, we deliver in every aspect:
Source: Mode Mobile
Besides the earning perks, you’ll get a great deal if you choose to subscribe—we give our subscribers a brand new Mode Earn Phone every 18 months!
The Mode Earn Phone is a stylish, built-to-impress device—and the only one that pays you to use it! Get yours today, and don’t forget to share our products with your friends to earn referral points!
How To Add a Gift Card to an Amazon Account
Amazon recently introduced a Gift Card Balance feature that allows users to consolidate and store the values of multiple gift cards on their Amazon account. In simple terms, the feature works as an online wallet.
Here’s how you load your Amazon gift card balance to your account:
- Log in to your Amazon account (via the website or the app)
- Click on the main drop-down menu from the home screen
- Navigate to the Programs & Features tab
- Click on Gift Cards
- Select Redeem a Gift Card—you may be asked to sign in again for security purposes
- Enter your claim code without dashes on the redemption page
- Hit Apply to Your Balance
Once the process is complete, the entire gift card balance will be transferred to your account. You can reload your gift card balance anytime using:
- Other Amazon gift cards
- Bank transfers
- Credit cards or debit cards
- Prepaid cards (select issuers only)
In case you’re facing issues loading an Amazon gift card, refer to the table below:
You usually get an error screen when the claim code you’re using has already been applied to another account
Unreadable claim code
Many users get an unreadable claim code message while loading their gift cards. In such cases, you can reach out to Amazon Customer Service and provide the following information:
How To Apply Gift Card Balance to an Amazon Purchase
After you’ve loaded one or more Amazon gift cards to your account, applying them towards various purchases is a cakewalk! Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Add product(s) to your Amazon cart and go to checkout
- Select Use Your $XYZ Gift Card Balance on the payment screen—you can simultaneously select another debit or credit card at a payment option if the balance on your gift card is insufficient
- Place your order
If you change your mind about using your gift card balance during checkout, you can always uncheck the Use Your $XYZ Gift Card Balance on the Order Review page right before placing the order.
Source: Thought Catalog
How To Use Other Gift Cards on Amazon
You cannot use single-store gift cards from other retailers like Walmart, Best Buy, and similar on Amazon—but the website accepts certain open-loop gift cards.
Open-loop gift cards are issued by credit card networks and banks and can be used at various retailers, both online and in stores. Currently, Amazon lets you use non-Amazon gift cards with Visa, Mastercard, or American Express logos only. You can:
- Use these cards directly during checkout
- Link them to your account as a payment option beforehand (like you link traditional cards)
- Load your Amazon Gift Card Balance wallet with the balance from these cards
Featured image source: Mike Mozart