Can You Use an Amazon Gift Card for Kindle? [Answered]
My Kingdom for a Kindle—Can You Use an Amazon Gift Card for Kindle?
If you thought the Amazon Kindle is what brought e-readers to the world, you’d be wrong—commercial e-reader devices had been around for a decade before Kindle joined the scene in 2007.
Still, Amazon Kindle has popularized e-readers so much that it is now by far the most popular device—people don’t even know about other manufacturers. It’s like not knowing Oreo is a copy of Hydrox and not the other way around.
If you’re a Kindle user, you know that buying e-books is so convenient because you can download the whole book in a second by pressing a button. All those books won’t have to be shipped to you and won’t clutter up your shelves. With most books costing between $2.99–$9.99, it’s easy to buy one, but when they stack up, your wallet can get lightweight fast.
The question is—can you buy new e-books and still remain budget-conscious? Can you use an Amazon gift card for Kindle?
Can You Use Amazon Gift Cards for Kindle?
Yes, you can use an Amazon gift card for making purchases for Kindle. Gift card funds are redeemable for the following:
- Amazon Kindle
- Kindle e-books
- Accessories for Kindle
This doesn’t include any subscription-based purchases, such as newspapers, blogs, magazines, and Kindle Unlimited.
Kindle Gift Cards
Amazon offers its customers the opportunity to buy Kindle gift cards that can go from $25 to $2,000 in value. Note that these are not any special gift cards dedicated only to Kindle. They are regular Amazon gift cards that only have a Kindle-oriented design, with the Kindle logo and the “Happy reading” motto written on them.
You can still use these gift cards online for any other purchase supported by Amazon—not only Kindle.
Since they have no special value except for the visual design, they can be a perfect present for someone who is into reading, so that you can give a personal touch to your gift card.
How To Redeem Amazon Gift Cards for Kindle
Source: John Schnobrich
Since there is no special gift card—it’s a regular card you use for Kindle purchases—there’s also no special redemption process. To redeem an Amazon gift card, you’ll need card information, i.e., the PIN and gift codes. Gift codes are 14-character alphanumeric codes. Don’t confuse a gift code with a gift card reference ID, which is a 16-digit numeric code.
There are three types of gift cards you can use for Kindle or any other Amazon-supported purchases:
Type of Gift Card
What Is It?
Where Is the Gift Code Located?
A plastic card that Amazon ships to your address
At the back of the card, either visible instantly or under a scratchable covering
A digital card sent to the recipient within five minutes. The card can arrive via email, messaging app, or text
Comes with the message
Print at home
A PDF file sent to you via email. You can print it out and fold the paper so that it looks like a greeting card. It’s highly customizable, and you can upload a personalized photo to incorporate into the card
It’s shown on the PDF file
Once you have gift card details, you can redeem the card. The process slightly differs, depending on the device you’re using. The two available options are:
- Via mobile
- Via desktop
Redeeming via a Mobile Device
If you want to use your cell phone, you need to have the Amazon app installed—both iOS and Android devices are supported. To redeem a gift card this way, you need to:
- Open the app
- Log in and tap on Hello to navigate through the menu
- Select the Payments option and then click on Your Payments
- Tap on Amazon Gift Card
- Click on Redeem a Gift Card
- Enter your gift card number and PIN code
- Tap on Apply to Your Balance
Redeeming via Desktop
If you want to redeem a gift card using your PC or Mac, you can do so by taking the following steps:
- Go to the Amazon website and sign in
- Choose the Account option right under Hello and select Account from the drop-down menu
- Select the Your Payments option (you can skip the first three steps by using the Redeem a Gift Card link)
- Choose Amazon Gift Card
- Click on Redeem a Gift Card and enter your gift card information
- Press Apply to Your Balance
Amazon Gift Card Is Redeemed—Now What?
Source: Mode Mobile
Once you finish with the redemption process, your funds will show up in the gift card balance. From that point on, you can use them for Kindle and other purchases on Amazon and various other platforms, such as Steam and Whole Foods. You can’t use this balance to buy a new gift card or withdraw it as cash.
When you’re buying something new, choose your gift card balance as the payment method, and Amazon will spend your gift money until you run out of funds. Note that you can’t use your gift card until you redeem it—the money has to be in your account balance, and there’s no option of entering gift card information at the checkout.
Understanding How Amazon Gift Cards Work
To clarify how Amazon gift cards work, here’s a Q&A with some of the most common queries:
Do you need to activate an Amazon gift card?
No, gift cards are available for redemption instantly, and there is no special activation procedure
Can you use Amazon gift cards with Amazon Pay?
Can you use a Kindle Fire gift card on Amazon?
Will Amazon One-Click use gift card balance?
Yes. if you place an order via One-Click, Amazon will automatically use the funds in your gift card balance before going for your credit card
Can you use an Amazon gift card after purchase?
In some cases, when the order still hasn’t reached the “shipping soon” status. Here, this relates only to Amazon Kindle and accessories as e-books are an instant buy. To use your gift card for an already placed order, you need to:
How To Get Amazon Kindle and E-books for Free With Mode Mobile
Kindle prices range from $90 for a regular 2019 Amazon Kindle to $320 for a third-gen Amazon Oasis. Aside from devices, Kindle users also have to spend money on e-books. A couple of e-books won’t make much of a dent in anyone’s budget, but when you start buying one after another, budget issues don’t lag behind for long.
If you’re an avid Kindle user, you know this all too well. Luckily, there’s a way to obtain e-books and the e-reader for free.
Mode Mobile rewards its users for using their phones. With Mode Mobile, all you need to do is complete activities on your mobile device, and you’ll collect reward points you can turn into free Amazon gift cards.
Mode Earn App—Turn Your Phone Into an ATM
Source: Mode Mobile
Mode Mobile’s Mode Earn App has over 30 million downloads from users all over the world. On the Google Play Store, it has a 4.4-star rating (out of 5), which comes from more than 2.6 million reviews.
The reason behind the app’s popularity lies in its safety, reliability, and the sheer volume of activities it offers rewards for. With Mode Mobile, you’ll never have any privacy concerns, and you won’t be denied the rewards you’ve earned.
The Mode Earn App offers you the chance to complete a variety of tasks to earn money—it’s the first app that pays its users for listening to music. Aside from this, you can make money by:
- Playing video games
- Watching videos
- Completing surveys
- Installing partner apps
- Charging the phone
- Locking the phone
- Reading the news
- Surfing the internet
- Checking the weather
- Taking deals
If you use your phone no longer than four hours a day, you’ll be able to earn $600+ yearly. You can exchange reward points for cash, cryptocurrency, products, and other gift cards, such as for Roblox or Fortnite.
Double Your Money With a Mode Earn Phone
You can also obtain a Mode Earn Phone—Mode Mobile’s device dedicated to making you money.
Since it works on an “earn as you go” principle, the more you use the phone, the more reward points you’ll collect. Aside from getting a free Amazon gift card, this will allow you to pay off your data plan and phone purchase costs without spending any of your own money.
You can buy a Mode Earn Phone directly or subscribe to it by choosing one of the following options:
- Free trial—You only have to pay the shipping fee to get the phone. After that, there’s a $9.99 monthly subscription fee, billed quarterly
- One-time payment of $109
When you receive the Mode Earn Phone, it will have the Mode Earn App already installed and configured. Using the app on Mode Mobile’s device will earn you twice as many reward points for the same activities. This way, your yearly yields can reach $1,200 and more!
The Mode Earn Phone—What You Get
The phone itself comes with impressive specs, so you can ditch your old device and use only the Mode Earn Phone, enhancing your chances of making money.
Every year, Mode Mobile comes out with an updated model. The Mode Earn Phone 2022 model has the following specs:
- 6.52’’ HD screen
- Various sensors, including gravity, light, and proximity sensor, gyroscope, and compass
- Dual SIM slots
- IEEE 802.11 b/g/n WIFI Hotspot and BT4.2 Bluetooth connectivity
- Android 11
- Triple-lens camera—13MP + 2MP + 2MP
- Fingerprint and Face ID unlock
- 5MP selfie camera
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Octa-Core ARM Cortex
- 4,000-mAh battery with overvoltage protection
- 128GB storage
- 1.6Ghz chip
The device comes with a 12-month warranty, with a separate 6-month warranty for the battery.
More Guides That Will Help You Get Your Cash Back
Looking for more ways to get cashback? Check out the guides we have on gift cards from Amazon, Fortnite, Roblox, and others:
- Fortnite gift card—a complete guide
- How to get Fortnite gift card codes
- How to use a gift card on Fortnite
- Learn how to redeem a Fortnite gift card on any platform
- How to use a Fortnite gift card on PS4 with zero complications
- Can you use a Visa gift card on Fortnite?
- How to redeem a Fortnite gift card on Switch
- A step-by-step guide to checking your Roblox gift card balance
- How to use a Roblox gift card—explained
- Was your Roblox gift card not activated? Learn how to fix it
- Everything you need to know about Roblox gift cards
- How to get Roblox gift cards for free
- How to redeem a Roblox gift card from Amazon
- Can you use a Roblox gift card on two accounts?
- Do Roblox gift cards expire, and how do you redeem them?
- Can you get a free Amazon gift card as a survey reward?
- Step-by-step guide on how to redeem an Amazon gift card
- The easiest way to earn Amazon gift cards by playing games
- A guide to earning a free Amazon gift card
- How do you activate an Amazon gift card?
- Amazon gift card—where to get it and how to use it
- How to get free gift cards without risking your privacy
- What free gift card apps you can use, and which one is the best
- How to earn and redeem a gift card for free
- How to use gift cards online—a guide to saving money
Featured image source: Adrienne Andersen