How To Use a DoorDash Gift Card [Explained]
How To Use a DoorDash Gift Card on Various Platforms—Spilling the Beans
This guide will tell you how to use a DoorDash gift card seamlessly on the app and website. Don’t worry—the redemption process is quite easy as long as you navigate the platforms correctly. The guide will also give you an insight on how to:
- Check your gift card balance
- Get a DoorDash gift card (including free offers)
- Send this gift card to someone
Would you like to earn free gift cards, cash, and other rewards for completing simple tasks like streaming music and playing games on your smartphone? This article will also showcase Mode Mobile’s products that help you do exactly that.
How To Use a Gift Card on DoorDash—The Basics
DoorDash has become a game-changer for anyone who wants to stay in with their PJs on and have a comfy meal from a restaurant of their choice. Luckily, redeeming the company’s gift cards is not more complicated than ordering your favorite food. You don’t have to visit any store or talk it out with a delivery partner (or dasher)—you can redeem the card online directly on the DoorDash app or website.
Currently, DoorDash lets you redeem a gift card through two super-convenient methods:
- Applying your gift card towards DoorDash Credits
- Adding it as a payment method during checkout
Before we explore these redemption methods, know that the company only accepts DoorDash gift cards. You cannot redeem a restaurant-branded gift card on DoorDash’s app or website, even if you’re using the platform to order from that particular restaurant.
Source: Griffin Wooldridge
How To Redeem a DoorDash Gift Card for DoorDash Credits
DoorDash Credits act like an online wallet for users and can be used for all purchases, including deliveries and pick-up orders. They are usually offered for referrals and refunds, but the company recently began allowing the use of gift cards for credits as well.
Refer to the table below to learn how to convert your gift card into DoorDash Credits on the company’s website and app:
Steps To Redeem the Gift Card for DoorDash Credits
Once you redeem your gift card via the Gift Cards tab, you’ll get a confirmation message about the balance being loaded to your DoorDash Credits. The credits will automatically apply to your next DoorDash purchase.
You can check your DoorDash Credits balance anytime by doing this:
- Go to your DoorDash dashboard and select the main menu
- Click on Payments or Payment Methods
- Navigate to the DoorDash Credits section of the screen—you’ll find your available credits right under it
Need Free Gift Cards? The Mode Earn App Caters to Your Taste
The Mode Earn App is a free service available to all Android users. All you have to do is download the app from Google Play and set up your account (also for free). Once the app is running, it will keep track of all eligible earning tasks you complete, such as playing the radio, browsing the web, or trying a new app.
You can earn up to $600 with the Mode Earn App every year in rewards that appeal to you. Some of our redemption options include:
- Gift cards from various retailers—for example:
- Cash (fast PayPal deposits)
- Game-related cards and items (for Fortnite, PUBG, PlayStation, etc.)
- Prepaid Mastercards
- Shopping discounts
- Physical goods like headsets and mini-drones
- Charity donations
- Cryptocurrencies and stocks
The Mode Earn App is the pioneer of reward-based platforms because it:
- Offers time-efficient earning tasks—You can collect rewards super fast thanks to dozens of easy tasks and a high earning rate
- Provides tailored engagement—Your time on the app won’t feel like a chore because you’ll find engaging tasks and offers based on your phone habits
- Gives guaranteed rewards—No lucky draws here. The app pays you fair and square for all completed tasks
- Is trusted by side-earners—The Mode Earn App holds a rating of 4.4/5 stars on Google Play. It has been installed over 30 million times, and the number’s only growing each day
Download the Mode Earn App today and start making money out of your phone habits.
Source: Google Play
How To Use DoorDash Gift Card at Checkout
A drawback of DoorDash Credits is that you cannot control where to spend them as they’re always applied to your next order. If you want to save your gift card for a particular order, you have to redeem it directly during checkout—consult the following table to learn how:
Steps To Redeem a DoorDash Gift Card During Checkout
Many users make the mistake of typing in their PIN in the blank space beside the Have a promo code? section—that won’t work. Remember that you need to click on the Promo Code tab and then find the gift card redemption option.
Source: Marques Thomas
Once you’ve redeemed your gift card during checkout, its remaining balance (if any) will be added to your DoorDash Credits and applied to your next order. If you face any hiccups during the redemption process, call DoorDash’s customer service at 1-855-973-1040.
How To Send a DoorDash Gift Card to Someone
Giving someone a DoorDash gift card is equivalent to buying them a meal. Here’s how to get a DoorDash gift card directly from your account:
- Log in to your account and navigate to the Gift Cards option
- Select Buy Gift Card
- Enter details as prompted, such as:
- The value of the card
- Name of the recipient
- The recipient’s mailing address (or email, if you’re sending a digital gift card)
- Enter the payment info
- Place the order
Alternatively, you can buy a DoorDash gift card from other authorized third-party distributors like Walmart and Amazon. If you purchase plastic gift cards, you may have to pay additional processing, activation, or shipping fees.
Source: Frederick Medina
How To Get a DoorDash Gift Card for Cheap
These websites are usually not authorized dealers—they typically offer secondhand cards traded in by other customers. You’ll find gift cards from several popular brands on these platforms, including those from DoorDash, Grubhub, Roblox, Google Play, Fandango, Apple, Spotify, and Macy’s. The problem is that there’s no guarantee you’ll find a gift card of your choice at any given time.
How To Get a DoorDash Gift Card for Free
Know that scoring first-hand gift cards for free is also doable if you know how to use reward-based apps and websites. These platforms reward users for completing specific tasks like answering surveys, watching ads, reading emails, and downloading apps. You can earn assured rewards like:
- Gift cards of your choice (including DoorDash)
- Shopping discounts
- Cash and checks
- Prepaid cards
- Mastercard, American Express, and Visa gift cards (can be redeemed for various purchases, including gift cards)
If you’re looking for the easiest way to earn extra income, join forces with Mode Mobile. The company offers revolutionary opportunities to earn hundreds of dollars every year in free gift cards, cash, and other rewards by using your phone for everyday activities like:
- Listening to songs
- Playing games
- Charging the device
- Completing short questionnaires
- Checking the news and the weather
- Tracking fitness goals
- Watching videos
You can earn reward points for these tasks by using the following Mode Mobile’s products:
- Mode Earn App—works for all Android phones
- Mode Earn Phone—is an Android smartphone that earns you twice as much as the app
Source: Andrea Piacquadio
A Dashing Device That Earns You Double—Check Out the Mode Earn Phone
If you like making money on the side, the Mode Earn Phone is a must-have. The Android-based smartphone rewards you for the same phone-based earning tasks—only at a double rate. You can earn over $1,200 every year with minimal effort.
Collecting rewards is smooth like butter! The device helps you earn cash and in-kind rewards with the help of:
- A pre-installed Mode Earn App
- An earn-as-you-go widget with 16 easily accessible earning modes, including:
- Music Mode
- Fitness Mode
- Task Mode
- Games Mode
- Cash Mode
- Charge Mode
- Lock Screen Mode
- Weather Mode
- News Mode
The smartphone is full-featured—it has amazing specs that enable a top-class user experience. The latest model—the Mode Earn Phone MEP2—has a mean triple-camera and an octa-core processor that supports quality photography and lag-free switching between apps. As for carriers, the device isn’t preset with one because Mode Mobile wants you to be free to choose an operator that suits your needs.
Source: Mode Mobile
Buy or Subscribe to a Mode Earn Phone
You can get a Mode Earn Phone by:
- Purchasing the device for a one-time price of $109
- Subscribing to the Mode Earn Phone for $9.99 a month (billed quarterly after one month of free trial)
Subscribing to the phone has a special perk—regular subscribers get a new model of the Mode Earn Phone every 18 months for free! Besides, most users are able to earn back their original investment in the phone with three to four months of moderate usage. Buy or subscribe to the Mode Earn Phone today and start pocketing those extra dollars fast and easy.
Featured image source: Erik Mclean