How To Redeem a Fortnite Gift Card—A Complete Guide
Learn How To Redeem a Fortnite Gift Card on Any Platform
If you don’t know how to redeem a Fortnite gift card, don’t despair—there are millions of players around the world with the same problem. You can choose among several types of reward cards that can be used to get free items, skins, and characters in this game, but the redemption process is different for each, which can cause confusion.
To help you solve the dilemma, we prepared the ultimate guide to using the available Fortnite gift cards on different platforms. You’ll also find out how you can get loads of free gift cards for games and different retailers with Mode Mobile—a company that helps you earn supplemental income by performing simple, everyday activities on your phone!
Golden Hearts Games
What Gift Cards Are There for Fortnite?
The Fortnite developer, Epic Games, doesn’t offer all-in-one gift cards for the game, but there are a few alternatives you can use:
- Debit Fortnite V-Bucks gift cards you can only use to purchase a digital in-game currency
- Gift cards from other service providers that can be redeemed for any product or in any game supported by those platforms/companies, such as:
- Microsoft of Xbox gift cards
- Nintendo eShop gift cards
- PlayStation gift cards
- Visa gift cards
What Are Fortnite V-Bucks Cards, and Where Can You Get Them?
Fortnite V-Bucks cards can be electronic and physical, and you can get them from the retailers listed in the table below:
Where To Buy a Physical V-Bucks Card
Where To Buy a Digital V-Bucks Card
There are four bundles you can pick from:
- 1,000 V-Bucks—$7.99
- 2,800 V-Bucks—$19.99
- 5,000 V-Bucks—$31.99
- 13,500 V-Bucks—$79.99
You can use V-Bucks cards on any platform you play Fortnite on.
How To Earn Free Fortnite Gift Cards Without Breaking a Sweat
Source: Sean Do
If you can’t afford to buy a V-Bucks card once your virtual wallet gets empty, there is a way to get the desired gift card for free!
Mode Mobile is a company dedicated to helping consumers earn valuable rewards and earn supplemental income by doing various everyday activities on their phones, such as listening to music, playing games, or watching videos. The rewards can be redeemed for cash, gift cards, and game rewards, including Fortnite V-Bucks cards.
With Mode Mobile, you can start earning by:
Start Earning Supplemental Income With the Mode Earn App
Most free gift card apps propose specific criteria you must meet if you want to use them and don’t offer personalized deals for earning rewards points.
With the Mode Earn App, you don’t need to be of a certain age, set up any accounts, or complete any tasks you’re not interested in. Once you install it, you get the chance to earn rewards for performing activities you actually enjoy and normally do anyway! You’ll also be able to take limited deals tailored to your interests.
Our app allows you to:
- Earn up to $600 per year in gift cards that you can use online or in stores and other rewards
- Make money by locking or charging your phone, watching ads, checking the weather on your smartphone, and doing other activities you perform every day
- Convert the rewards you collect into cash through Paypal or opt for a prepaid MasterCard or cryptocurrency
You can download the Mode Earn App from the Google Play Store and start making some extra money now!
Get Even More Rewards With the Mode Earn Phone
If you want to get more rewards faster, the Mode Earn Phone is the right option for you. It’s a cutting-edge, Android-based device with the pre-installed Mode Earn App that allows you to earn double rewards per action in 16 different modes. Besides the app, the Mode Earn Phone boasts top-grade specs, which means that, once you get it, you can use it as a regular smartphone and ditch the old one!
Subscribe to or buy the Mode Earn Phone using one of the two available payment options:
- Free trial—You initially only have to cover the shipping fee. After that, you have a $9.99 monthly subscription fee, billed quarterly
- One-time payment of $109
Using the Mode Earn App on this device for about four hours a day can help you make around $1,200 of supplemental income per year! The phone is compatible with the most popular carriers, including AT&T and T-Mobile. Once you buy it, you get a 12-month warranty for the device and a 6-month warranty for the battery.
How To Redeem a Fortnite V-Bucks Card
To redeem your V-Bucks card, you need to have an Epic Games account. If you are using a console to play the game (Xbox, PlayStation, or Switch), you will have to link the Epic Games account to the chosen platform. You can do that easily by selecting the Connections tab on your Epic Games profile and picking the desired option.
Regardless of the platform you use, you will start the redemption process by following the prompts below:
- Visit the Epic Games redemption page and click on the Get Started button
- Scratch off the security covering on your gift card
- Enter the code from the card in the designated field (in case you make a mistake, you won’t see the checkmark next to the field) and click on Next
- Select the device you play Fortnite on
The rest of the steps will differ depending on the device you use.
How To Redeem a Fortnite Gift Card on PC or Mac
Source: Alena Darmel
Once you type in your gift card code and choose your preferred device—PC or Mac—you should click on Next. You will be redirected to a confirmation page and asked to check all the details. If everything is in order, you should click on Confirm.
The new page will state that you have redeemed your V-Bucks, and you will receive an email from Epic Games notifying you about the transaction.
How To Redeem a Fortnite Gift Card on Android or iOS
If you want to redeem a V-Bucks card on your smartphone or tablet, follow the instructions below:
- Choose Mobile (iPhone, iPad, Android) as the device you play on
- Click on Next to go to the redemption page
- Check if all the details are correct and click on Confirm
Once you’re done, you will be able to see your V-Bucks on the account, which means you can start playing and spending all the virtual cash right away.
How To Redeem a Fortnite Gift Card on PS4
Upon selecting PlayStation 4 as your preferred device, you will be taken to a redemption page where you should check and confirm your details. The page will contain your Epic Games account, PlayStation ID, PS device, your region, and the amount of V-Bucks you will get.
This is where things get a little bit different for PS users—here’s what you should do:
- Click on Confirm, and you will get a 12-character code
- Turn on your PlayStation and go to the PlayStation Store
- Select Redeem Code
- Copy the code you were provided, click on Redeem, and then on Confirm
How To Use a Fortnite Gift Card on Switch
After you sign in, you should go to the Epic Games redemption page and follow these steps:
- Click on Get Started
- Enter the code from your V-Bucks card and click on Next
- Choose Nintendo as your preferred platform and click on Next
Note that the V-Bucks you add to your Nintendo Switch account can only be spent on this platform.
How To Redeem a Fortnite Gift Card on Xbox
Source: Alexey Savchenko
If you play Fortnite on Xbox and want to use the card on this platform, you will receive a new code via email as soon as you check and confirm your details on the Epic Games website.
After you get the email, follow the steps below:
- Go to your Xbox Home screen
- Open the Microsoft Store
- Find the Redeem option in the menu and click
- Type in the new Xbox gift card code
In some cases, due to technical problems, the email may not come right away, or it may not arrive at all. If this happens, you can find the code on your Epic Games account by following the prompts below:
- Go to the Epic Games store website
- Log in to your account
- Click on the Account button to open your account
- Select Transactions in the menu on the left side
- Go to V-Bucks Card Redemption History—you will find a gift card code integrated with your Fortnite V-Bucks gift card there
How To Redeem Visa Gift Cards in Fortnite
If you receive a Visa gift card, you can use it to purchase V-Bucks on any platform you like. This gift card is easy to use as it's the same as any other credit card—the only difference is that you have limited funds on it.
Here's how you can redeem the gift card and spend the funds on Fortnite V-Bucks:
- Go to the Epic Games website and sign in to your account
- Go to the Store tab
- Select how many V-Bucks you want to buy and click the Purchase button—this will take you to the checkout page
- Complete the required details
The information you will have to provide on the checkout page is:
- Place of residence
- Visa gift card number (in the Credit Card Number Field)
- CVC code
- Expiration date (month and year)
The Visa gift card number is the 16-digit code on the front of the card. The CVC code (the security code) is the three-digit number you will see at the back of your gift card.
Once you fill in all the required fields, you need to click on Checkout and place your order. Your V-Bucks will be waiting for you once you enter the game.
How To Redeem an Xbox Gift Card on Fortnite
If you play Fortnite on Xbox, you can buy more V-Bucks with an Xbox gift card or a Microsoft gift card. These two are completely the same and can be used the same way.
You can redeem these gift cards on your Microsoft account and spend the funds on whichever Microsoft product you like, including Fortnite V-Bucks.
The easiest way to redeem an Xbox gift card is through the Microsoft redemption page. Here is how you can do it:
- Visit the redemption page
- Enter the gift card code
- Click on Next
Another option is to redeem the gift card directly from your console. The process is slightly more complicated and involves the following steps:
- Sign in to your Xbox console with your Microsoft account
- Select the Store app from the Home screen
- Click on View to open the side menu
- Select Redeem
- Enter the 16-character code from your card and follow the prompts
If you don’t see the Store app on the Home screen, you can find it in the My Games & Apps section. All you need to do next is select Apps and click on Store there.
How To Redeem a Nintendo Gift Card
You can redeem a Nintendo eShop Gift Card via the website or by using Switch.
If you choose to redeem it on your laptop, desktop, or smartphone, here is what you should do:
- Visit the Nintendo website and log in to your account
- Go to the Redeem Gift Card page
- Copy the code from your gift card
- Click on Apply
If you decide to redeem the gift card using your Switch console, follow these steps:
- Select Nintendo eShop from the main menu
- Scroll down until you find Enter Code
- Type in the gift card code in the provided field and click OK
You can now use the funds to purchase V-Bucks and equip your Fortnite character with some new back bling or tools!
How To Use a PlayStation Gift Card on Fortnite
If you get a PlayStation Gift Card, you can redeem it via your preferred browser or console.
Here is how to do it on the website:
- Go to PlayStation Store, sign in to your account, and click on your Avatar
- Select Redeem Codes from the drop-down menu
- Copy the code and tap on Redeem
If you want to use the funds from the gift card via PlayStation 4, the process is the same as above. The instructions for using it on PlayStation 5 are as follows:
- Go to Settings
- Select Users and Accounts
- Pick Account
- Click on Payment and Subscriptions
- Go to Redeem Codes
More Guides That Will Help You Get Your Cash Back
Looking for more ways to get cashback? Check out the guides we have on gift cards from Amazon, Fortnite, Roblox, and others:
- Fortnite gift card—a complete guide
- How to get Fortnite gift card codes
- How to use a gift card on Fortnite
- How to use a Fortnite gift card on PS4 with zero complications
- Can you use a Visa gift card on Fortnite?
- How to redeem a Fortnite gift card on Switch
- A step-by-step guide to checking your Roblox gift card balance
- How to use a Roblox gift card—explained
- Was your Roblox gift card not activated? Learn how to fix it
- Everything you need to know about Roblox gift cards
- How to get Roblox gift cards for free
- How to redeem a Roblox gift card from Amazon
- Can you use a Roblox gift card on two accounts?
- Do Roblox gift cards expire, and how do you redeem them?
- Can you get a free Amazon gift card as a survey reward?
- Step-by-step guide on how to redeem an Amazon gift card
- The easiest way to earn Amazon gift cards by playing games
- A guide to earning a free Amazon gift card
- How do you activate an Amazon gift card?
- Amazon gift card—where to get it and how to use it
- How to get free gift cards without risking your privacy
- What free gift card apps you can use, and which one is the best
- How to earn and redeem a gift card for free
- How to use gift cards online—a guide to saving money
Featured image source: Florian Gagnepain