How To Use eBay Gift Cards [Top Tips]
The Lowdown on How To Use an eBay Gift Card
Getting an eBay gift card opens up a world of bidding, buying, and getting a huge range of products—often considerably cheaper than they can be found elsewhere.
eBay gift cards are a great way to treat yourself, but they come with usage rules and regulations that you need to be aware of before you start bidding or buying on eBay.
Want to know how to use an eBay gift card? Get all the info you need in this article!
How To Redeem eBay Gift Cards
If you’re lucky enough to have gotten an eBay gift card as a present, who could blame you for wanting to spend it right away?
Redeeming your eBay gift card is straightforward and simple, involving the following steps:
- Log in to your eBay account
- Choose the item you want or win an auction
- Find your eBay gift card redemption code—If you have a digital eBay gift card, the redemption code will be in the email you received as confirmation of your gift card. If you have a physical card, you should gently scratch off the security film on the back of the card to reveal the code
- Enter your gift card redemption code in the Gift cards, coupons, and eBay bucks field on the checkout page
- Hit Confirm and pay
If the item you’re buying is worth more than the value of your gift card, you will have to cover the remaining amount with your default payment method—usually via PayPal.
If your eBay gift card has more money on it than you need to buy the item you want, the remaining balance will stay on your gift card for use at a later date. As eBay gift cards don’t expire, you’re under no pressure to use the remainder of your gift card balance by a certain date.
How To Put an eBay Gift Card on Your Account
You can’t add an eBay gift card to your account—the only way to redeem it is to enter the redemption code at checkout.
You should also note that eBay gift cards are not transferable. This means that once you’ve used an eBay gift card to pay for something on your account, the gift card is permanently linked to you. The gift card can’t be transferred to anyone else or used with a different account.
Checking Your eBay Gift Card Balance
Before you proceed with buying the item you want on eBay, it’s a good idea to check the balance on your gift card.
To do this, you should follow these steps:
Checking Your Gift Card Balance
On the eBay website
Can You Exchange eBay Gift Cards for Cash?
Gift cards from eBay are not transferable or redeemable for cash—once they have been linked to your account, they are yours forever.
Some gift card exchange websites will offer to buy your eBay gift card, but you should be aware of the following:
- You can only sell eBay gift cards that haven’t been linked to your account yet
- You will not get the full face value of your gift card—gift card merchants will usually only offer you a percentage of the value of your card, as they make their profit from buying cheap and selling at face value
Can You Get Free eBay Gift Cards With Zero Risk?
If you’re looking for free eBay gift cards, look no further—Mode Mobile is the answer!
The company believes that everybody should be able to earn extra income by doing the things they do on a daily basis, like using the phone.
No matter what you use your phone for, Mode Mobile gives you two ways to earn redeemable reward points:
You can earn rewards points by:
- Shopping online
- Surfing the net
- Playing music or listening to the radio
- Tracking your fitness levels
- Playing your favorite games
- Inviting friends to join
- Filling out surveys
- Watching short clips
- Downloading partner apps
Even unlocking your phone or charging the battery gets you points!
Once you have collected enough points, you can start converting them into amazing rewards, like:
- Gift cards—that you can redeem in-store and online—from:
- Cash (through PayPal transfer)
- Prepaid Mastercards
- Game cards and credit for Fortnite and other popular games
- Crypto and stocks
Source: Mode Mobile
TODAY get a FREE stock and $15!💰
Are There Any Restrictions on eBay Gift Cards?
Gift cards from eBay can only be used on eBay.
There are also some restrictions regarding the purchases—for example, you can’t use an eBay gift card to buy:
- Other eBay gift cards
- Gift cards, gift certificates, or coupons from third parties
- Paper money
- Virtual currency
- Bullion, such as coins or precious metal ingots and bars
What Happens if You Lose Your eBay Gift Card?
If your physical eBay gift card goes missing, or if you lose the email with the details of your digital gift card, you will need to contact eBay for a replacement.
You will need to provide:
- Proof of purchase
- The gift card redemption code
- Some verification of your identity
If you have all of these, eBay will typically issue you a replacement card so you can continue shopping.
The original card will be canceled, and you will no longer be able to use it should you find it again.
How Can You Avoid eBay Gift Card Scams While Trying To Win One for Free?
If an offer of effortlessly winning a free eBay gift card sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
There are thousands of scammers trying to lure you with the offers of free eBay gift card codes, unredeemed gift cards, or coupons purportedly usable on the platform to get discounts.
Most of these vendors will try to get your personal information, including your:
- Name and contact details
- Financial information
- Sensitive data
They can use this information to:
- Sell it to third parties, often resulting in you being bombarded with spam
- Gain access to your computer, banking details, or financial history
If you think you may have been the victim of an eBay gift card scam, you should immediately:
Get the Mode Earn App and Start Earning
The Mode Earn App is your passport to great rewards!
The app is available for free on Google Play, and after more than 30 million downloads and over 2.6 million reviews, it has achieved a rating of 4.4 stars.
Once you’ve downloaded and installed it, the Mode Earn App runs in the background on your phone and awards you points for eligible activities.
You don’t have to register anywhere, and the app is free—all you need to do is use your phone normally to get rewarded. The more you use your phone, the higher your points tally will be, and the bigger the rewards you can claim.
How Much Can You Earn With the Mode Earn App?
With Mode Mobile’s current earning models, you can earn up to $600 a year.
Why wait? Download the Mode Earn App today and start earning points towards great rewards!
Source: Mode Mobile
Want To Double Your Earning Potential? Get the Mode Earn Phone!
If $600 for using your phone sounds great, how does doubling it to $1,200 sound?
You can do so by getting a Mode Earn Phone, a high-end device that comes with a pre-installed Mode Earn App and an earn-as-you-go widget, giving you 16 modes for easy earning:
- Lock Screen Mode
- Charge Mode
- Surf Mode
- Data Mode
- Music Mode
- News Mode
- Weather Mode
- Watch Mode
- Games Mode
- Save Mode
- Fitness Mode
- Task Mode
- Crypto Mode
- Share Mode
- Cash Mode
- Finance Mode
Each one of these rewards you for your activity, meaning that $1,200+ per year (in cash, gift cards, and other rewards) could be yours quickly.
The Mode Earn Phone is no technical slouch, either. The latest model—Mode Earn Phone MEP2—features:
Mode Earn Phone MEP2 Features
Getting Your Hands on the Mode Earn Phone
Getting your Mode Earn Phone is easy and straightforward, with two options for you to choose from:
- Buying the Mode Earn Phone—For a once-off fee of $109, you can buy the Mode Earn Phone outright. It’s yours to keep and use however you want
- Subscribing and paying monthly—If you don’t fancy the upfront costs, you can sign up for a free trial and get the Mode Earn Phone delivered to your door. Once you’ve received and started using it, you will pay a monthly fee of $9.99 to keep your subscription active. After 18 months of continuous subscription, you’ll get the latest upgrade of the Mode Earn Phone (and that’s every 18 months!)
Get your Mode Earn Phone today and start collecting rewards the easy way with Mode Mobile!
Featured image source: Digital/MarketingAgency